Had some good luck with my last batch, bad luck was around the corner. I still have yet to pinpoint exactly what went wrong with these cupcakes. Perhaps it was because they were pound cake cupcakes and I did not cream the butter correctly. Maybe it was the cold oven technique I was trying out. Either way, these were a major fail! The recipe was delicious, but the tops rose so very high, then they caved in, with about 1/2 inch seperation from the top to the gooey insides, which never completely cooked, no matter how long I kept them in. We ate a couple when they were hot, but once they cooled down, they became very crunchy. I threw them all out. Pound cake cupcakes will get another shot sometime.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
CUPCAKE FAIL
Had some good luck with my last batch, bad luck was around the corner. I still have yet to pinpoint exactly what went wrong with these cupcakes. Perhaps it was because they were pound cake cupcakes and I did not cream the butter correctly. Maybe it was the cold oven technique I was trying out. Either way, these were a major fail! The recipe was delicious, but the tops rose so very high, then they caved in, with about 1/2 inch seperation from the top to the gooey insides, which never completely cooked, no matter how long I kept them in. We ate a couple when they were hot, but once they cooled down, they became very crunchy. I threw them all out. Pound cake cupcakes will get another shot sometime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment